24 Jun Compounding Technician
The Target Healthcare Group is a niche pharmaceutical developer, manufacturer and supplier to the retail pharmacy, hospital, pharmaceutical wholesaler, and homecare markets.
Within the Group, Quantum Pharmaceutical is the UK’s leading manufacturer and supplier of unlicensed medicines and hard-to-source products. We offer an unrivalled product range, backed by expert knowledge and exceptional customer service. Throughout the UK the Group employs close to 300 including pharmacists, skilled technicians, HR, IT, procurement, warehouse, and customer services staff.
Due to our continued growth, we are recruiting for a Compounding Technician to work in our Aseptic department based in Burnopfield
Duties and responsibilities:
- Observing and promoting Good Manufacturing Practice.
- Compounding and checking orders for unlicensed sterile medicines in a timely and accurate manner in compliance with company policies
- Assisting the support functions on the Aseptic Compounding Unit ensuring all aspects of stock replenishment, decontamination and environmental monitoring are completed in a timely manner.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience working within in a licensed facility or under section 10 exemption
- A formal qualification in Science would be advantageous
- Have a patient first attitude
- Have knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices
- Be a keen team player who is supportive of work colleagues
- Be enthusiastic in their approach to workload and capable of working towards KPI’s
- Be an excellent communicator who is honest and respectful
- £23,000 per annum rising to £26,450 upon completion of probationary period
Hours of work:
Our core business hours are between 06.00 – 22.00.
- Monday – Thursday 06.00 – 15.00, Friday 09.00 – 18.00
- Monday – Thursday 12.00 – 21.00, Friday 09.00 – 18.00
Sunday working is required, controlled by rota. When a Sunday is worked the following Friday is given as a rest day.
- Sunday working 09.00 – 18.00
Why join us?
A career at Quantum Pharmaceutical means being part of a forward thinking and enthusiastic team who are committed to our vision and values.
- Team Spirit – We foster a collaborative and supportive culture
- Passionate – Always working with compassion, purpose and enthusiasm
- Honest – We operate with integrity and accountability
- Agile – We are pioneers, always ready to adapt & evolve
Employee benefits include:
- Generous holidays
- Free fruit, bread and jams onsite
- Eye care vouchers
- Active social and charity committee
Please note: All applicants are subject to enhanced DBS check along with two references