14 Apr Health and Safety Manager
The Target Healthcare Group is a niche pharmaceutical developer, manufacturer and supplier to the retail pharmacy, hospital, pharmaceutical wholesaler, and homecare markets.
Within the Group, Quantum Pharmaceutical is the UK’s leading manufacturer and supplier of unlicensed medicines and hard-to-source products. We offer an unrivalled product range, backed by expert knowledge and exceptional customer service. Throughout the UK the Group employs close to 300 including pharmacists, skilled technicians, HR, IT, procurement, warehouse, and customer services staff.
We’re headquartered in East Kilbride (Glasgow), but have sites in Belfast, across Newcastle, Dartford and Luton. Due to continued growth and expansion, we are looking to add a Health & Safety Manager to our team in Burnopfield, Co. Durham, who’ll be responsible for the Group (and all sites). Reporting into Human Resources, but interfacing with all departments in the Group – the H&S Manager will ensure HSE compliance in everything that we do.
Specifically, your duties will include:
Compliance through Change:
- Responsible for Health & Safety compliance through all site works – e.g. site repairs, refits/refurbishments, site upgrades, extensions, construction works etc.
- Responsible for Environmental compliance for the Group
- Determining Group environmental objectives and targets, including raising environmental awareness to its employees through the development and training of the HSE Committees and promoting awareness amongst its clients, suppliers and contractors
- Accountable for current Environment Management System (‘EMS’) and ISO 14001 accreditation
- ESOS submissions
- Leading on Health & Safety matters, representing the Group at internal and external meetings as required
- Developing and leading the implementation and promotion of a Health & Safety culture throughout the business through the provision and development of Health & Safety policies and procedures, including risk assessment, accident prevention, health initiatives and acknowledge personal responsibility
- Ensuring best practices is performed throughout the organisation in all aspects of Health & Safety
- Advising on matters relating to Health & Safety at work, including the obligations and responsibilities of the leadership team and employees, providing comprehensive and practical advice to technical and line managers on best practice
- Leading on corporate health and safety projects and strategic planning groups, liaising with external partners and internal contacts, in order to enhance the profile of health and safety and embed good health and safety management practice through the organisation
Record and Review:
- Defining and agreeing a range of effective performance management measures for the health and safety service, ensuring that these are consistently met or exceeded
- Undertaking regular visual inspections of the workplace
- Co-ordinating health surveillance as required and maintain records
- Undertaking Health & Safety investigations in connection with any relevant incidents or claims made against the business by the Fire Authority or Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
- Liaising with the HR colleagues in the management of occupational Health and Wellbeing
- Providing an appropriate risk assessment methodology to comply with legislation and ensure all potential risks are identified and control measures implemented and monitored
- Providing an appropriate accident investigation methodology to ensure personal accountability and improve risk management, including monitoring and interpretation of statistical data
- Ensuring the fire alarm system and emergency lighting are serviced and records maintained
Ultimately, this role will see you managing the health and safety requirements for all UK sites. To be considered for this role you must be able demonstrate:
- A track record in a similar role
- The ability and willingness to travel between sites
- A relevant health & safety qualification and a commitment to CPD
- A driven, solutions-focussed mindset
- Good IT and time management skills
Knowledge or experience within the pharmaceutical sector would be preferred but is not essential.
Why join us?
A career at Quantum Pharmaceutical means being part of a forward thinking and enthusiastic team who are committed to our vision and values.
- Team Spirit – We foster a collaborative and supportive culture
- Passionate – Always working with compassion, purpose and enthusiasm
- Honest – We operate with integrity and accountability
- Agile – We are pioneers, always ready to adapt & evolve
Employee benefits include:
- Generous holidays
- Free fruit, bread and jams onsite
- Eye care vouchers
- Active social and charity committee
Please note: All applicants are subject to enhanced DBS check along with two references