13 May IT Support Engineer
The Target Healthcare Group is a niche pharmaceutical developer, manufacturer and supplier to the retail pharmacy, hospital, pharmaceutical wholesaler, and homecare markets.
Within the Group, Quantum Pharmaceutical is the UK’s leading manufacturer and supplier of unlicensed medicines and hard-to-source products. We offer an unrivalled product range, backed by expert knowledge and exceptional customer service. Throughout the UK the Group employs close to 300 including pharmacists, skilled technicians, HR, IT, procurement, warehouse, and customer services staff.
Due to our continued growth, we are recruiting for IT Support Engineer based at our manufacturing site in Burnopfield.
- Support the Group Head of IT to deliver high quality and compliant IT services while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Responsibility for providing proactive IT assistance for all elements of our IT infrastructure for around 210 employees
- Providing a first point of contact for colleagues through our helpdesk via phone, email, and a ticketing system.
- Providing colleagues with general remote troubleshooting
- Reviewing scheduled tasks, backup testing and other automated actions as indicated by processes and other team members
- Identifying, communicating and mitigating potential risks – keeping the Group Head of IT informed at all times
- Following security procedures and keep a vigilant eye for security Issues
- Identifying opportunities for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change internally
- To proactively support the businesses operation by helping in other departments which may be busier than your own at a particular time
The ideal candidate will have:
- A love of (and ability to) solve problems and face challenges
- Great communications skills, founded in being a good listener
- An understanding of support tools, techniques and how technology is used to provide services
- Strong understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems and network systems
- Must be able to type quickly and accurately while talking on the phone
- Demonstrable knowledge of IT applications, software and hardware
- Keen to deliver an amazing customer (colleague) experience
- The ability to keep up with and adapt to the fast-paced IT world
- The ability to translate technical jargon for all employees
- Organised and structured with effective planning and prioritisation skills and a first-rate attention to detail
- Highly analytical with robust problem-solving skills as well as being action/solution orientated.
- Proactive, curious and uses own initiative to drive change with a continuous improvement mindset
- A resilient and driven individual with a can-do attitude
- Ability to work under pressure within tight time constraints and manage a broad ranging workload
- Experience using a Ticketing system / RMM Tool and Teamviewer Software
- Experience providing support via remote tools
- Experience handling Technical Service Tickets
- Experience and knowledge of working with the Microsoft 365 Platform
- Professional IT Certifications such as Microsoft MCP, MCSA or MCSE, ITIL, ITSM, etc.
- Client Experience Certifications such as Helpdesk Habits etc.
- Experience working either on a Helpdesk or for a Managed Service Provider (MSP) / IT / ISP Support Business
- Experience of operating in a similar role is desirable
- Strong, up to date knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices
- Confident dealing with managers and employees at all levels
- Experience working in pharmaceutical / healthcare / life sciences industry advantageous
- English and Mathematics GCSE grades A-C (or equivalent)
- Highly computer literate; experience operating with all Microsoft Office software
HOURS OF WORK:
- 37.5 hours per week Monday – Friday
- Negotiable depending on experience
Why join us?
A career at Quantum Pharmaceutical means being part of a forward thinking and enthusiastic team who are committed to our vision and values.
- Team Spirit – We foster a collaborative and supportive culture
- Passionate – Always working with compassion, purpose and enthusiasm
- Honest – We operate with integrity and accountability
- Agile – We are pioneers, always ready to adapt & evolve
Employee benefits include:
- Generous holidays
- Free fruit, bread and jams onsite
- Eye care vouchers
- Active social and charity committee
Please note: All applicants are subject to enhanced DBS check along with two references